Police Facility in the City of Alexandria, VA
- Overhead Pole Line Conversion to Underground – Coordination with Dominion VA Power and Verizon to relocate existing overhead facilities to underground while maintaining existing services across the street.
- Coordination with Comcast to relocate existing underground facilities out of conflict with proposed improvements.
- Coordination with Dominion, Verizon, Comcast, and Washington Gas for service designs and easements required.
- Completed conceptual layout including conduit and device locations for each utility to follow while completing their respective designs.
- Worked with adjacent landowner for additional easement needed.
- Redundant Service – worked with Verizon for options to obtain a redundant service feed for diversification.
- Coordination with contractor and civil engineer for the installation of conduit system to facilitate utility installs once the site is ready.
- Coordination with Dominion, Verizon, Comcast and Washington Gas construction departments for the installation of all utilities once the site is ready.
- Coordination with private utility locator and general contractor to identify private streetlight feeds for disconnect and removal of some lights while maintaining service to other lights that will remain.
- Coordination with Dominion for removal of old lights and the installation of the new required streetlights.
- Coordinated with NOVEC’s engineer to obtain a relocation design and cost to relocate (8) NOVEC three-phase overhead power poles in conflict with site improvements.
Verizon Fiber Coordination
- Coordinated with Verizon engineer to allow an existing fiber optic line to remain as is during the installation of a new turn lane.
AT&T Encroachment Permit
- Coordinated with AT&T engineers for encroachment permit needed to facilitate the installation of storm drain and sanitary sewer lines across the existing AT&T easement.
- Completed conceptual utility layout for NOVEC, Verizon, Comcast and Washington Gas utility routes, conduit requirements and device locations.
- Coordinated with each utility for designs and easements required to service the school.
- Coordination with Washington Gas for main line extension of approximately 4500’ to service the school site.